Monday, July 28, 2014

More new art pieces-variety of media

I've been busy the last few weeks learning all kinds of new things and sharpening my skills on some old things.  So here goes with a display of things I've been working on:

First is a Snow Cap and alcohol ink pour on black tile called Fire Flower.  Enhanced with gel pens.
 And then a watercolor portrait of a fascinating Montana rodeo cowboy named "Johnny."
 The next three are all alcohol inks enhanced with an acrylic medium called Acrylic Glazing Liquid to enhance the texture in the inks.  This is a technique learned from a wonderful ink artist named June Rollins, who teaches classes, does DVDs and books.  I would highly recommend her if you want to learn to do inks and do them well.  The first is the falls just below Logan Pass on the east side of Glacier National Park. 
 The second, also an ink is an Arizona scene, Moonlight on Devil's Peak.
 Next is one of my favorite places I've been in the Southwestern US, Organ Pipe National Monument on the Arizona/Mexico border. 
 And finally, is another 4" ceramic tile done with Snow Cap and ink pour enhanced with gel pens. 

I currently have 3 mixed media acrylic paintings in process that I will display sometime in the next month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment