Sunday, September 28, 2014

Foothills Depth

Since I've been spending a lot of time this summer working on learning Alcohol Inks, I've neglected my work with mixed media acrylics.  I did, however, get one that I really like, but previously did not get a very good picture of it to post.  While I had my big camera and detachable flash unit out, I decided to try to get another shot of this one and it does show the depth this layered painting has.  This one is finished with a "deep pour" using Golden Paint Company's GAC 800.  This finish too nearly 10 days to fully dry but I do like the end result and will probably have the patience to try the process again!

Here is Foothills Sunrise.

2 comments:

  1. Judy - This is simply magnificent. Even from this small image I can tell the brilliance and layering of your painting must be amazing. The soul of Arizona stone is in this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig, must apologize to you for not replying sooner. I had the busiest art season in Yuma last winter I've ever had and have sorely neglected this blog! Thank you so much for you encouraging comment! Appreciate it much!

    ReplyDelete